Justin D. Pless
Founder & Attorney
Justin D. Pless founded Pless Law Firm, LLC in 2009, dedicating his practice to helping clients navigate their commercial real estate and business law matters. He has been recognized as a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers for five consecutive years (and six years total).
Justin represents a broad range of clients in commercial real estate and business law transactions, including leasing, purchase and sale transactions, financing, development, and land use matters. Recognized for his acumen, Justin has been published numerous times and served as an instructor of an undergraduate level business law course at Front Range Community College. Prior to forming the firm, he practiced in the real estate group at multi-national law firm Faegre & Benson LLP (now Faegre Baker Daniels LLP).
Justin graduated Order of the Coif from the University of Colorado Law School. While in law school, Justin served as a teaching fellow in the area of real property law and as a note and comment editor for the Colorado Technology Law Journal. He interned with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and with the Honorable Marcia S. Krieger at the United States District Court, District of Colorado.
Prior to attending law school, Justin served as an infantry paratrooper in the United States Army’s 82nd Airborne Division, including a peacekeeping deployment to the former Yugoslav Republic of Kosovo in 1999-2000. Outside of the office, Justin enjoys spending time with his wife and children, and exploring the great Colorado outdoors.
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate (2012, 2014 – 2018)
- Finalist, Up and Coming Attorneys, Law Week Colorado (2009)
- Craft Breweries, Distilleries Leases; Key Issues For Landlords, Tenants, Colorado Real Estate Journal (October 27, 2015)
- Landlords, Tenants Must Consider Assignment, Subletting Provisions, Colorado Real Estate Journal (November 7, 2012)
- Understanding Expansion Rights in Commercial Leases is Imperative, Colorado Real Estate Journal (September 21, 2011)
- Key Issues for LEED Consulting, Colorado Real Estate Journal (September 1, 2010)
- Key Lease Default Provisions, Colorado Real Estate Journal (June 3, 2009)
- Be Aware of Options to Renew or Extend Commercial Leases, Colorado Real Estate Journal (December 3, 2008)
- Speaker, Key Legal Issues for LEED Consulting Agreements, Rocky Mountain Green Conference 2011, U.S. Green Building Council, Colorado Chapter (April 21, 2011)
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
J.D., University of Colorado Law School
Order of the Coif (2007)
A.B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
With Distinction (2004)